NSW Govenment Small Business Grant
The NSW Government is offering a grant of up to $10,000 for small businesses that have been highly affected by the Covid(19) restrictions as a part of the NSW Government Small Business Support Fund.
Grants are provided to support highly affected eligible businesses that have been impacted by the shutdown restrictions enacted by the Government due to Covid(19).
Highly Impacted Industries
The NSW Government has published a list of highly impacted industries as a result of Covid(19) restrictions.
Some of the businesses that the Government has classed as highly impacted are:
- Accommodation and food Services such as cafes, pubs and restaurants;
- Hairdressing and beauty services;
- Retail (excluding food retailing);
- Travel agency and tour arrangement services.
Small businesses that are not on the highly impacted industries list can still apply, however they will require a letter from their accountant confirming they meet the eligibility criteria.
Small business owners and non-profit organisations are eligible for the grant if they:
- Have between 1-19 employees and an annual turnover of more than $75,000;
- Have total Australian wages below the NSW Government 2019-20 payroll tax threshold of $900,000;
- Have an Australian Business Number as at 1 March 2020, are based in NSW and employ staff as at 1 March 2020;
- Are highly impacted by the NSW Government Covid-19 restrictions on Gathering and Movement Order 2020 issued on 30 March 2020;
- Defined as a decline in turnover of 75 per cent compared to the equivalent period (of at least two weeks) in 2019; and
- Have unavoidable business costs.
How the funding may be used
This grant must only be spent on unavoidable business expenses for which no other government support is available. Grant funds could be used on the following:
- Meeting business costs, including utilities, salaries, rent;
- Meeting financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning;
- Developing the business through marketing and communications activities;
- Other supporting activities related to the operation of the business.
If you require any further information on this grant or the application process please contact us on 02 9281 4067.