Changes in the way you access government services
Your Key for accessing government online services is changing. AUSKey is being replaced by myGovID and Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM).
AUSkey is a secure login that identifies you when you use participating government online service on behalf of a business.
AUSkey will be replaced by myGovID and RAM at the end of March 2020. MyGovID is an easy way to prove who you are online and RAM lets you manage who can use online services on behalf of your business.
Your MyGovID and RAM will need to be set up prior to the termination of AUSkey at the end of March 2020.
Setting up your myGovID involves 3 steps.
- Downloading the myGovID app on your smart phone via the App Store or Google Play;
- Entering your details as prompted within the myGovID app;
- Adding your Identity documents such as a driver’s licence or passport. Uploading 2 forms of identity documents will be sufficient enough to allow you to access all participating government online services.
If you are the principal authority of the business, you will need to link you myGovID to your Australian Business Number (ABN) in RAM.
To set up your business in RAM follow the below steps:
- Go to authorisationmanager.gov.au to log in using your myGov ID credential;
- Select ‘Link your business’ to be directed to the ATO to find your business or businesses and enter required information as prompted;
- Once complete you will be redirected to the RAM page where you can then set up important authorisations for others to work on behalf of the business.